Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Babu's back

To my multitudinous readers, a heartfelt apology for not writing for so long. I did return on June 18th from my survey of England, but the time after that has been spent in hectic political wranglings on my part. With the celebrations for India's 60th year of independence (which unhappily coincides with my 60th birthday and retirement from public service) coming up, I thought that being sent to Japan and Thailand (*wink* *wink*) would be a fitting parting gift to yours truly.

So after much pleading, brown-nosing and other unspeakable ings on my part, Mr. Tourism Secretary acquiesced and its was off to the Far East with me. Without a care for myself, I soon immersed myself in spending the tax payer's rupee judiciously in obtaining a practical insight into how assets that were previously written off as dead could be rejuvenated into giving unexpected returns. I returned a new man, proud of my service to my nation. And before you ask, I don't have any pictures that I want to share.

No comments: